Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday morning in Argelès



Sunday mornings in Argelès village is filled with people buying whatever they will make for their Sunday dinners. One necessary stop is the boulangerie where the smell of fresh baked bread creates instant hunger. Not to mention that Rick has declared himself L'Inspecteur des éclaires chocolates--which sadly had already been sold out.



Scooby and Cougar went with us to buy bread, just one in a series of errands which included making sure that the car we were borrowing would start. Used by both me and my friend Barbara, who is the owner, it is driven so seldom that a tank of gas lasted over a year. Both of us have set up life so we can walk to everything including the movies. As far as the bakery, the animals seemed to prefer the sweets.


Then the next stop was Place de La Republique. On Sundays local artists set up their easels and hopefully sell some of their work. Scooby was flirting with this artist who is also a friend. 



She did a painting of my best memory of Scotland spot. The painting hangs over the fireplace in my nest.


Our last stop was at the Jean-Pierre and Babette's, the grocer at the end of the street for Coke and toilet paper. Our supply seems down, not a surprise since my daughter was staying  in my place. She uses more toilet paper in a week than I would in several weeks. She claims it tastes great with chocolate.

Scooby and Cougar were tired from the heat and wanted a Coke. They sat while I waited in line.

One thing about a small village, there are no secrets...everyone knows about my breaking my face from Annie the Framer to Philippe the Jeweler. Even the other tenants in my building. 

Now the part about testing to see if the car started--I had picked up keys from the owner. 

Unfortunately, they weren't the right keys. Rick is so good about these. Meanwhile I was debating using my broken face or the heat as an excuse, but with him, it just isn't necessary. We both know given enough time we will do dumb things so they become the framework of our couple history to be laughed at.





No comments: